Thursday, November 18, 2010

I am a Plow. . .

I am a plow. Yes, I said a plow...Wait, hold on for a second. How in the world am I a plow? I look nothing like the picture to the left and I do not break up soil or rip weeds out of the ground.

Well I'm probably physically not a plow, but we do have some things in common. If you think about it, a plow's life is full of hard work. Loosening the hard soil after a winter's storm or pulling out the weeds that have been planted there for months is tough. In a way, my life can be just as difficult at some points. Overcoming emotional barriers is probably the closest that I can get to being like a plow, facing difficult "work."

I'm a plow because I am a follower (or I could be one when I want to). Very much like a plow, I do what I am told by my parents or instructors. The plow doesn't have a life of its own. The plow only knows to rip through the soil when whoever is in charge of it drives it in the fields. And as for me, the things that I do are guided by other adults. This doesn't mean that I don't have my own specific role or mind, it just means that as for now, it's "safer" and maybe better that I do as I'm told.

Haha, so yeah, live the life of a plow. (:

3 comments:

  1. Just don't listen to them if it's absolutely wrong though. i.e. jump off a building

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if your going to make a statement their should be no ambiguity, no maybes. Just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great and while the plow does have to do as it's pushed to do, in the end, it's much appreciated. Similarly, if you continue to follow what adults/instructions, your work will be appreciated and pay off in the end.

    ReplyDelete