Thursday, September 9, 2010

Introduction

Hey there! Nice to meet you, 2nd period American Literature class! :D My name is Loren Hou. I'm usually a really quiet person, unless I've known you for a while. Sometimes, people often think that I'm in a bad mood because I don't talk much, but that's not true (for the most part!). 

I enjoy reading, writing (songs, stories, etc), playing the piano, cooking, biking, and spending time with family/friends. I'm also interested in track running and forensics science (not just forensics...I love all types of science).  Later this year if my schedule allows, I am looking forward to be a part of Whitney Young's girl's track team. And as for my interest in forensics science, there's nothing major that I can do as of now. But, I am planning to major in forensics, law, and get some sort of medical degree after at least eight years of college. After all of that, I'll be on my way to become a coroner. (:

Based on my career goal, one can assume that overall, I am a serious person. Other than that, I also have high expectations of myself. I wasn't always like this, but because of my family background (Haha, yeahh, you know how Asian parents are!), I slowly fell into the habit of having high standards as well. Though at times I may feel extremely stressed, on the flip-side, it's definitely worth the work and trouble. 

Even though my hobbies and interests may sound boring to some people, I'm not THAT "boring" and nor am I that much different from the other teens (a lot of people think that I'm extremely different from the other teens just because I want to be a coroner...). Just like any other teenager out there, I like electronics, music, and amusement parks (6 Flags...WoooHooo!). Some of the music artists that I adore are: Marilyn Manson, Coldplay, Jay Chou, JJ Lin, Evanescence, Gorillaz, Eminem, Beethoven, Chopin....and a lot more. I also like to listen to techno, trance, or just remixes of classical music. 

Of course, these four paragraphs cannot tell who I am. But, there's a good amount of me that's exposed here. I am looking forward to having a merry and meaningful year. (:

2 comments:

  1. Loren, you seem so gentle and nice. You're so not quiet around me though you were on the first few days. Don't worry, I think the Asian stereotype is good (to a point). I want to be something strange too so I'm in that boat with you. Lol. Keep striving to be who you want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loren you can be gentle and nice for the first few days, but having you as a friend is great especially when you are not quiet. So I say that you should do what you do best and remember wat other people say doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete